SCHOOL, CURRENT ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Matt is currently working for the Angles Maths Hub and Ark Maths Mastery as a primary maths consultant. He has worked in both primary and middle schools in Suffolk for over 15 years in a range of capacities both as a senior leader and upper KS2 teacher. Throughout Matt’s career he has been passionate about the subject of primary mathematics, and has undertaken a number of roles associated with this, including subject leadership within school, as well as roles supporting other maths subject leaders in the developing their own leadership skills.
His recent projects and achievements include:
- MaST trained teacher
- NCETM teaching for mastery specialist teacher – including planning, running and delivering CPD on mastery based approaches to mathematics.
- International exchange visits to both Shanghai and Canada to explore mathematic educational systems in other parts of the world, aspects of which were delivered via CPD to different teachers and schools.
- Leading a SSIF project developing mathematics in Y4-5
- Supporting NQTs both through delivering maths CPD.
- Coaching teachers through shared teaching, modelling and planning.
- Coaching maths subject leads in developing successful approaches to mathematics leadership.
- Developing and running CPD sessions across a number of different mathematical areas including
- Bar modelling
- TA support for mathematics
- Manipulatives and representations
- Problem solving and mathematics thinking
- Question analysis and planning for gaps from assessment (Including specific Y2/6 support)
If you feel that Matt can assist you and your school, we would be delighted to discuss this with you. Please contact us initially by email: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange a mutually convenient time to telephone you.