- Effective Early Years Practice.
- SNITT and NQT mentor.
SCHOOL, CURRENT ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Nadine has been a primary school teacher for 20 years after gaining her BA (QTS) from Warwick University. She has taught in schools in Cambridgeshire, Leicestershire and more recently in Suffolk. She is currently Deputy Headteacher and Early Years Leader at Barrow CEVC Primary School, an outstanding first school near Bury St. Edmunds. Nadine is an experienced Key Stage 1, Nursery and Early Years Practitioner.
Nadine’s particular professional interests include:
- Embedding outstanding phonics teaching and learning through planning of a language rich, enabling environment.
- Across EYFS and KS1 developing a professional ethos which is based upon providing outstanding teaching to all children.
- High-quality planning; delivering a creative, engaging and inspirational curriculum.
- Working collaboratively with other professionals, working enthusiastically to extend expertise and knowledge.
- Excellent lines of communication through being open and building trust; pursuing high performance in a framework of warm relationships.
- Mentoring students and NQT’s through their ITT journey.
Her recent projects and achievements include:
Deputy headteacher and Early Years Leader at Barrow Primary School.
Nadine has supported the SLT in a local school in special measures. Rapid but sustainable improvements were made through careful and sensitive mentoring of NQT’s and more experienced members of staff. Setting of achievable targets through clear action planning and supportive observations.
Planning and delivering of various phonics CPD sessions, one of which designed to support Teaching Assistants in developing their knowledge, confidence and skills for supporting the teaching and learning of phonics throughout Nursery, Reception and Key Stage 1.
Designing and delivering a phonics CPD session aimed at supporting phonics understanding and teaching in KS2/3
Leading a workshop at the Suffolk Schools Choice Phonics Conference entitled “The Importance of Phase 1 Skills in the Development of Early Reading and Writing.”
Action planning, SEF, SDP priorities and Early Years provision.
If you feel that Nadine can assist you and your school, we would be delighted to discuss this with you. Please contact us initially by email: email@example.com and we will arrange a mutually convenient time to telephone you.