• Early Years
JOANNE’S SCHOOL, CURRENT ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Joanne is the SENCo and Early Years Coordinator at Barrow Primary School near Bury St Edmunds in Suffolk, which is an 4-9 mixed Primary school of around 145 students. Recently the school has joined forces with three other schools to develop the ‘All through’ model of Teaching and Learning with the academy partnership in central Suffolk. This provides the schools an advantage of being able to work closely with like-minded schools to meet the needs of all pupils and share expertise.
As the SENCo, Joanne is jointly responsible for the improvement of the quality of teaching and learning for pupils with Special Needs via staff CPD, mentoring, support and the sharing and co-ordination of good practice. As part of a core team of specialists, she is responsible for the co-ordination and tracking of children with Special Needs. A large part of this has been rooted in using the most up to date OFSTED framework with regard to the question, What makes a ‘Good’ Lesson for all pupils?
Joanne’s particular professional interests include:
• The behaviours that create effective teaching and learning.
• Coaching and mentoring of staff in planning and assessing.
• The planning, delivery and review of progress.
• Creating a school ethos of successful practice with regard to a shared vision and understanding from all staff.
Joanne’s recent projects and achievements include:
• Influenced change in identifying Special Needs in the classroom, whereby teachers could identify skills from their practice to enable and encourage the children in the classroom and develop reflective teaching practice.
• Completed Masters in SEN coordination.
• Reviewed the success of IEPs and the tracking process within school to ensure all children are appropriately challenged and supported.
If you feel that Jo can assist you and your school, we would be delighted to discuss this with you. Please contact us initially by email: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange a mutually convenient time to telephone you.