- SEN systems and processes
- Middle Leadership
- Coaching and Mentoring
SCHOOL, CURRENT ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Viv‘s particular professional interests include:
- Viv is currently working at Guildhall Feoffment Community Aided Primary School in Bury St Edmunds, where she is SENDCo and part of the Leadership team, responsible for improving the quality of teaching and learning and outcomes for pupils with SEND.
- Viv has also worked in Special Schools as a Deputy Headteacher and Head of School, and previously as a SENDCo and Senior Leader in High Schools, so has a wide range of experience in all phases of schools and education.
- Viv is also an experienced Facilitator and Mentor for Leadership East, part of CMAT, and has a number of years of experience developing and increasing the effectiveness of Middle Leaders.
- Viv chairs and leads the SEND group for the Bury Schools Partnership and enjoys providing support for newly appointed SENDCo’s, CPD across the Bury schools and support with SEND reviews.
Her recent projects and achievements include:
As a Facilitator and Mentor for NPQML programmes Viv has successfully supported a number of aspiring school leaders to successfully complete their leadership programmes, part of the National College of Teaching and Leadership qualifications.
Leading school based CPD in SEND, covering effective strategies for supporting pupils with dyslexia in the classroom, Speech and Language support on verbal reasoning, supporting pupils with ADHD/ADD and managing challenging behaviour using de-escalation techniques.
Working with Dyslexia Matters on a pilot project to achieve Dyslexia friendly classrooms and strategies for pupils with specific learning difficulties.
Creation and leadership of Bury Schools Partnership SEND group to implement revised SEN Code of Practice, review assessment practice, implement revised system for monitoring and recording progress of pupils with SEND, provide ongoing CPD and support to all BSP schools.
Supporting TA’s with training to implement programmes for pupils with Dyslexia, Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties, Speech and Language difficulties and Nurture and Emotional Literacy.
If you feel that Viv can assist you and your school, we would be delighted to discuss this with you. Please contact us initially by email: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange a mutually convenient time to telephone you.